Friday 9 October 2015

Oct. 8th Sahagun

Day 56   15.6 miles   Total 718.5

Cristal clear and no wind made for a cold start to the day. As the sun rose higher in the sky a breeze built, luckily a tail-wind. It stayed cold until after midday even with full sun. It's over 3000' above sea level on the meseta.
After a couple of coffee stops and with Sahagun in sight I caught up with Jam, a Canadian, and met Bob another Canadian I'd only seen before.
As we were walking and talking we passed through 2 carved pillars by an old church. Only later did I find that this is the halfway point on the camino from St Jean Pied du Port. I thought I was further on than that.
Sahagun is a large town so I could resupply on food and coffee.
The kitchen in the albergue lacked many pans and utensils, so I met up with Jam (West Indian, asian before emigrating to Canada), and Bob for dinner.

No comments: