Tuesday 20 October 2015

Oct. 19th Alto do Poio

Day 66   10 miles   Total 854.5

The day started with loud classical music to wake everybody, horrible.
The nights rain had eased when I set off. I decided to walk the road alternative rather than a muddy walk through the forest. It's so green now, plenty of rain as I approach Galicia, Atlantic weather.
It was almost 2000' ascent up to O Cebriero.
At the 1st village coffee stop I found I'd dropped my glasses on the way. Whilst writing my blog a Danish family walked in with my glasses.
The rain came down hard. Some people are so ill-prepared for bad weather. I had my brolly to keep me dry, just my feet got wet. None the less, I stopped a village before the one I'd targeted. A wood stove blazing and hot radiators convinced me.
The albergue didn't have a good write-up, but plain homecooked Spanish food and not crowded made it for me

No comments: