Friday 2 October 2015

1st October Burgos

Day 49     9.5 miles   Total 637

I walked before daybreak with Terese and Sue 2km to the next village, where we had coffee at the bar as day dawned.
The walk into Burgos was around the perimeter of the airport, then for a few miles alongside the river amongst trees and grass into thea centre of Burgos. A lovely way to enter a city.
After dropping our bags off at the municipal albergue, I went to the post office and collected my down jacket and other bits, and a replacement carbonfibre strut for my backpack, (the original one broke during baggage handling on the flight to Lyon).
Lots of familiar faces everywhere. I had a haircut and beard trim.
In the evening I went for a meal with Sue, Christina, and two German guys, the younger one Timo is very smily.
Terese wasn't feeling well. The Irish nutters finished their camino for this year in Burgos, I'll miss their company and humour.

No comments: