Tuesday 6 October 2015

3rd Oct. Boadilla del Camino

Day 51   19 miles   Total 676

It's just light at 8am. when I set off with spare socks on my hands as mittens. There's a ground frost.
I feel sorry for the people who set off in shorts.
At my 1st village coffee break I remeet Stan, a Brit and Troy an Aussie. Then along came Inoa from Guernica in the Basque region, later I walk with Inoa, she's really interesting, worked for NGO's in Palestine, Bolivia and Columbia.
We stopped for a lunch break at a bar and I got to know a few Spanish people I've been seeing most days.
Inoa decided she'd walked enough for the day. I carried on to Boadilla del Camino. So many of these villages are what they are because of the Camino.
I passed 2 albrgues before going into one recommended in my guide. Whoa, lots of familiar faces and people laying around on the lawns in the sunshine amongst sculptures. A nice place and meal in the evening.
Today I met a woman from Poland and a couple from Hungary, firsts on the walk for me.

No comments: