Tuesday 6 October 2015

Oct. 5th Villarmentero de Campo

Day 53   0 miles    Total 686

Part of my tiredness yesterday was due to getting the 'Camino Cold'. Sleeping in dormitories is not good, (Burgos was the last one for me). I decided during the night to have a rest day here.
My prevoius rest day had been in Cajarc on Sept. 2nd. It was still very windy and raining.

There was a superb spread for breakfast including home baked wholemeal bread. So different from the usual breakfasts in Spain and France. Having a rest day allowed my appetite to appear in between sneezes. I ate toast, muesli, cake, orange juice. Only instant coffee was a disappointment,
I bought coffee in the bar and people watched as pilgrims a arrived wet and windblown. A few I'd met before. I was glad to not be walking and at this wacky place.
I talked with a couple from Bulgaria today, a 1st for me. I reckon that women outnumber men 2 : 1

No comments: