Sunday 25 October 2015

Oct. 24th Astrar

Day 71   20 miles   Total 936.7

Another large woman snored all night apart from the few times I woke her. I went downstairs to the kitchen and read for a bit, but movement sensitive lighting made sleep there impossible for me.
Come the morning I was wandering about packing up in a black mood.
It was raining lightly as I set off absolutely shattered in a world of my own. A call from Didi brought me back to the present, I'd walked past him and Fracoise without noticing them.
Talking with them and a stop for coffee brought me to being just tired.
After lunch I'd recovered and passed and was passed by Didi and Francoise a few times. As They were stopping before me, we saying goodbyes when Timo, (Finnish, poker guy),
We walked on together and went to a perfect albergue 700m off the route. We had the place to ourselves. Plenty of space to not be disturbed by snoring, a woodstove and lovely people.
I found a book in English by Eddie Rock - The Camino de Santiago, a sinners guide. What I've read so far makes it the most hilarious book I've read, ever.

No comments: