Sunday 18 October 2015

Oct 17th Villafranca del Bierza

Day 64   12 miles   Total 831.5

Walking on quiet roads to Cacabelos for my 1st break, where I saw Alan, an English guy I've seen regularly for 2 or 3 weeks, and my companions from last night. I took an hours break here, then walked to my destination through hilly countrside and vineyards. Bierzo wine is very nice.
Villafranca del Bierzo is a large village with many restaurants and bars, and 2 rivers. Lots of old houses
The albergue had a well equipped kitchen, and I cooked my own dinner. So many albergues recently have restaurants attached, and no kitchen.
After an early dinner I went for a walk and met up with Steve (American guy from last night), and his wife, who's name I forget.
Meeting so many people it's often hard for me to remember names.

No comments: