Tuesday 27 October 2015

Oct 26th Santiago de Compostella

Day 73  

A rest day. Anne moved over to my hotel to share my room, and the cost of the room. Albergues are €12 here.
She was hungover, so had a bit of a kip, whilst I went to the cathedral for midday mass and the pilgrims blessing. It was a bit boring, after a wander round the catheral I went for a beer. It was raining and cool, no bueno ! No one was about so I wandered back to the cathedral just as the incense burner thing was being swung back and forth. It is very impressive and 6 men pull on a rope to get it swinging. It's what most people go to the mass for probably !
After a late lunch with Anne we chilled out in our room. It was raining steadily.
The weather forecast is for rain each day until next monday. I'm not walking to Finisterre in the rain.
The weather  for Barcelona is good and  a flight is only €110 return. mmm a few days there then walk to finisterre next week !
Hotels are expensive there and I'm not into hostels any more after the snorers.
After thinking on it for a few hours, I decided the most economic thing to do was finish my walk here. Blimey.
So it's a bus to Santander tomorrow and the ferry to Plymouth wednesday evening - my walks finished - rain stopped play for this fair weather walker.

No comments: