Friday 23 October 2015

Oct 22nd Ventas de Naron

Day 69    14.6.miles   Total 899.7

As usual I was one of the last to leave the albergue, at 8.40 it was still before sunrise.
The walk was mostly along paths or alongside the road on unpaved tracks. It was high level walking until near Portomarin, where I descended into fog. It is a town that was rebuilt on the hill above when the Rio Miño was dammed.
After crossing the high bridge I met up with a french couple (Didi and Francoise) I've been seeing most days since the ascent in the rain to O Cerbrio.
Didi suffers vertigo badly.and had to get a lift in a car across the bridge !
After an initial steep climb from the river the camino ran parallel to a road, then followed a quiet country road to Ventas de Naron, where I decided to spend the night.
Didi and Francoise appeared at dinner time, and we shared a table. They told me I was their camino angel, as I always appear when they need guidance - I'm not so sure of that, but I've helped them a couple of times.
The night was a disaster, as there were 2 champion snorers near me. The guy next to me was bad, but the other snorer was so deep as to almost be physical, and when I went to shake them it was a woman. There was no where to go as there were movement sensitive lights in the corridor and outside was illuminated by a street light.

No comments: