Thursday 22 October 2015

Oct 20th Samos

Day 67    14 miles   Total 868.5 miles

The rain had gone but dawn found me up in the cloud still. Glimpses of lovely views, but it was only after dropping a few hundred feet that there was any views.
Galicia is beautiful, so green, dairy country, the aroma of cows at every farm.
After Triasatela and a little road walk, the path followed the river on proper paths until Samos.
Today was the most lovely walking on the Camino so far !
Samos is dominated by a huge monastry. The albergue attached to the monastry has existed for more than 1000 years.
I went for a smaller place. There were only 4 of us staying there.
In the evening I went for dinner at a restaurant with Betsy, a Dutch woman who lives in Eire. We met up with Alan and his Canadian companions, who I've gradually got to know over a few weeks.
For dinner I had Trutas, (6) small trout that were rolled in flour and fried, ala Sprats, wonderful.

No comments: