Wednesday 7 October 2015

Oct. 6th Carrion de los Condes

Day 54   6.3 miles   Total 692.3

No rain, but still the strong winds on the straight road to Villalcazar de Sirga.
The crosswind was so strong that some cyclists were pushing their bikes.
I was sweating in my wind jacket and trousers but the wind would have chilled me. After a drawn out coffee I carried on to Carrion, where I didn't intend to carry on from today.
All I wanted was a long hot bath, so I found an hostel (cheap hotel).
After a good refreshing soak I started to explore the town. I met Wilbert, the Dutch hospitalero outside a bar. His car had broken down and he was waiting to get it sorted out.
I had a siesta and lazy afternoon. I met the Zpacks Americans who I thought would be way in front of me, they were staying at an old monastery that's now a 4☆ hotel.
Back at my hostal I met JJ, a German guy I hadn't seen for a few days. A sore leg and the weather decided him on resting.
After €28 for my room, I bought salad stuff for dinner from a supermarket and improvised as I had no plate.

No comments: