Thursday 8 October 2015

Oct. 7th Calzadilla de la Cueza

Day 55   10.6miles   Total 702.9

I set off at 8.30 as I was only walking to the next village. I'm taking it easy until I feel strong again.
After crossing the river the landscape was very different to before Carrion. Very flat with more tree's and less ploughed fields.
After a mile or more roadwalking the camino was along pista. Unexciting, but with regular picnic sites. At the first one, miles from any habitation, an enthusiastic little dog greeted everyone. He was well fed, I wondered if he lived there.
I walked the final stretch to my destination with Tom, the American guy with the same pack as mine.
There are adobe buildings still in use in this area, most are a neglected looking. The Albergue with the tipi had exposed adobe walls inside.
I had dinner with a guy from Finland, who is walking the camino to give himself space to think what to do with his life. He's been a professional poker player for a few years. He says he's made enough money not to have to work for a few years annd got bored with poker !
I found a quiet room downstairs in the gite all by myself for the night.

No comments: