Thursday 15 October 2015

Oct. 14th St Catalina de Somoza

Day 61   14.5 miles   Total 787.5

As soon as I left the village the landscape changed, gently rising, uncultivated bitsof land and patches of woodland.
After a few miles I came across a small refreshment stall run by an elegant woman who was totally blissed out in the nicest way. Everything was free and organic. It was open 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day.
I had very little energy today, so it was a bit of a plod.
Astorga was a.large town and many people were making it an overnight stay. I carried on.
After Astorga the camino enters the isolated area of the Maragateria, scrubby and wooded.
I was pleased to arrive at Sta Catalina. The albergues were both modern, I chose the one with the better menu. I'm.over pilgrims menu's which are good value but similar, and had bacon, eggs and salad.

No comments: