Sunday 25 October 2015

Oct 23rd Melide

Day 70    17 miles    Total 916.7

I'm suprised that I don't see more people walking the camino, as this last 100km is said to be busy. I guess it's late in the year.
Lovely walking through countryside dotted with small farms.
There are no shortcuts as in France, the Camino stays on it's original route through Spain.
After passing through the town os Palais do Rei I had lunch in warm sun, then walked the afternoon along leafy paths, seeing only 3 other walkers
On walker, an Aussie, Annie, had Pacerpoles so we walked and talked ultralight backpacking all the way to Melide. She was delighted to meet another gear-geek. I was staying in Melide, she walked on.
Melide is where the Camino Primitivo joins the Camino Francais. It's said to be the lovliest camino as it comes over the mountains from the north coast.

No comments: