Friday 30 October 2015

Oct 28th Santander

I left the refugio to find a beautiful day. God it felt good to be alive. Santander, it's sheltered harbour and sandy beaches, green hills, and mountains beyond with warm sunshine. What a contrast with Santiago !
What to do with the ferry not leaving until 9.30 in the evening ? Walk of course, and sight-see leisurely.
By 10a.m. I was in t-shirt and shorts and it got up to 25°
The problem with strolling for me is that my back was aching by mid afternoon.
I got onto the ferry and suddenly it's French prices for beer, twice the price of a a Spanish bar.
Farewell my beloved Spain. I'll hopefully be back in March to carry on walking the GR7.

1 comment:

kayagee66 said...

Congratulations. I've enjoyed reading your blog. I'm planning to walk from Le Puy to Santiago next May. More to walk 1000 miles than for any spiritual experience. Your blog has helped. Thanks.