Wednesday 30 September 2015

Sept 29th Villafranca Montes de Oca

Day 47    16.5 miles   Total 612.5

The days walk was mostly parallel with the main road from Portugal and Northern Spain towards France and there were many lorries on it.
It started cold and warmed slowly.
There are a lot of people from the USA and Canada. I walked and talked with a few during the day.
On a break in Belorado the Irish women appeared and we spent a while together. They passed me when I was refilling my water bottle and were off too fast for me to catch. They checked out a Refugio unknown to me and I arrived in Villafranca before them.
Accomadation is in short supply, yet we managed to get into the Albergue municipal. Christina and Julia were here. Whilst having a drink outside the bar, the Americans, Paul and Peggy, from the day before turned up.  We'd lost contact and reconnected.
Paul and Peggy were staying at the Albergue attached to a very smart hotel. We couldn't find much to cook at the local shop, so ate at the restaurant €10.
Getting my washing in, I found my socks missing. Christina said someone had come into the dining room with them asking whose the were, earlier. Why couldn't they just have left them where they found them ?

1 comment:

Moritz said...

Hey Terry, i did not read your blog in a long time, now i've sen that you had to rest for quite some time and now you're back on track. I hope your foot wont bother you to much in the future. Have fun on your further camino!