Thursday 24 September 2015

Sept 24th Ayegui

Day 42   15miles   Total 530

Puente del Reina is a lovely little town. Last evening everywhere I walked there was the smell of red peppers being roasted.
I'm meeting a few English people now, and ate out with a guy (Chris) from Southampton last night.
Thankfully the countryside is much nicer than the area after leaving Pamplona.
An Estonian woman gave me food  for thought when she said she was walking to Lisbon after Compostella !
It was a case of 25km(15miles) or 32km so 15miles brought me to a modern suburb of Estella. The alburgue was an extension of a sports centre, not the most attractive of places, but clean and with everything I could want. (Lidl just down the hill, with 5.5% beer at 25c for 500ml cans.)
I invited an American guy to share the food I'd bought, he bought more food, as do others. 6 of us enjoyed a pot-luck dinner.

No comments: