Wednesday 23 September 2015

Sept. 23rd Puenta de Reina

Day 41    15 miles    Total 515

The day started with drizzle and it stayed all morning.
A long way to escape from Pamplona, then boring prairie type landscape, massive area's of ploughed land in the mist.
Before Pamplona it was wooded and a winding path through valleys. Today I could see the procession of pilgrims.
The path became muddy with so many people in front of me,then the final ascent to.the highest part of the day, Alto de Perdon. The descent was hard underfoot. I find it easier on my legs to descend fairly quickly, and with walking poles I passed a lot of cautious pilgrims.
It became dryer from here and soon I was in shorts and t-shirt
I arrived in Puenta de Reina (Queens bridge) just after 2pm, and booked into a hostel for €5 for the night.

No comments: