Monday 21 September 2015

Sept 19th 7km after St Jean Pied du Port

  Day  37    15miles    Total  457

 After a traquil morning's walk with Donny, SJPdPort was hectic with lots of pilgrims arriving for the 1st day of their camino.

I met loads of people I'd met before. I checked out the donativo, but they were full.
After getting my criancial stamped I met up with Anne, yeah ! She was walking with George an Austrian guy who'd walked from his home.
As they were going to walk on I said I'd join them. Later we met Hannah. I'd forgotten she said she'd reserve me a place at the donativo.
Earlier when trying to get money from cash points, I couldn't. As I was down to €2 I felt Ok about going on.
It was a hot steep 7km to a perfect spot to stealth camp. My companions were dubious, (Teutonic correctness). Being a blagger, I thought it was 4☆. Table and chairs, running water, flat, and fabulous views.

No comments: