Monday 21 September 2015

Sept 21st Larrasoaña

Day 39    16 miles   Total 490

It was a cold night in the cloisters, there was frost on the roofes of the houses.
We all went to the hotel for coffee and to charge phones. I wasn't going to walk 37km.to Pamplona as the others were, so ssid my goodbyes, and set off in my own time.
I like to walk and meditate. There are so many people walking now it is distracting. I soon found my own space in the procession though.
The path is hard underfoot with so many people walking it. It was mainly through woodland except the last few miles that were along a river.
When I reached Larrasoana there was no accomodation available, but the shop/bar owner phoned a friend and I was collected and taken to a small refugio, just 8 of us. Agh ! I sat in a car and had a ride. Actually I didn't give it a thought ! I could happily have dossed down for the night, but I wanted a shower and to wash clothes.
So many pilgrims walking past with no luck for a place for the night. I met a Mexican woman and invited her into the hostel for the night. The owner had gone home.

No comments: