Wednesday 2 September 2015

31st August Figeac 15.2miles walked. total 159.7

Foraging.  On the walk I get to eat damsons, plums apples pears  blackberries and grapesThe peaches and apricots haven't been ripe enough, yet!
I had a miles walk to the village and being monday the cafe and boulangerie were closed.
After a steep walk out of the valley, I stopped at a gite and blagged a coffee. Then later I had a good feed on blackberries and grapes. I love it that the trail provides.
Again I saved a few miles by walking and not going on diversions, Arriving in Figeac just after 1pm.
The only campsites were beforr Figeac or a few miles after. As the humidity was really high and thunder and rain forecast, I booked into a Carmelite gite, religious, but donation only.
After unpacking and showering I went to buy provisions and immediately met Clara, a Dutch woman I hadn't seen for 2 days. Then almost immediately Anne, who I passed when taking my shortcut. She was with 2 other German woman, and they were heading on for the night.
It was difficult to find a supermarket in the maze of medieval streets, but eventually I got everything I needed.
Then the rain started so I dived into a bar for a beer.  The rain cleared the couds, but it was more humid than before....
After dinner at the gite, I went for a drink with Clara, (Dutch).
On the way back to the gite it started to rain. We'd only just got in and the storm hit, thunder, torrential rain, and really strong winds. Spectacular.

No comments: