Tuesday 15 September 2015

Sept. 15th Arthez de Bearn

Day 31    19miles   Total 393.6

A couple of days ago my phone updated all my apps and the pedometer app ate the battery, so I'm for now going on the guidebook for distances.
The highlight of the day was seeing the Pyrenees in all their magnificence.
The weather was warm and cloudy.
The route was undulating, with lots of wandering to churches and crosses.
At my 1st break a few French caught up and left before me. I looked at the mapping and saw a shorter route. Whilst having my next break, they were astounded to see me drinking my coffee, again. Then on my final break they walked past me again totally confused !  Sorry, but I'm just not into climbing hills to see crosses or wandering to see churches. I'm a walker not a pilgrim.
Needless to say I got to Arthez de Bearn ahead of them all. I booked into the Pilgrims hostel as there was no camping en-route.
Bought some good ingredients to make dinner with, then it startrd to rain.
Dave Green messaged me about transfering to the GR653, which will take me over the Col Du Somfort into Spain, and better weather.
So tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll get to Navarrex and decide whether to change Camino's.

Thank you Dave for the inspiration !

No comments: