Sunday 13 September 2015

Sept 12th. Nogaro

Day 28   12miles    Total 335.6

The day started dry, with thunder  and dark clouds. A heavy shower gave way to light rain for a while, then stopped.
A barn complete with picnic tables and cold drinks was perfect for my 1st break.
The rain came on steadily whilst I was there, so I set off with waterproofs and brolly. As I got to Manciet the terraced seating off a stadium off a rural bullring made the perfect shelter.
The rain came on heavily, and I was joined in dribs and drabs by 18 French walkers. I stayed for 2 hours until the rain stopped.
After all the rain I took the direct route to Nogaro (the Chemin de Santiago) rather than a muddy walk off road.
The water bladder in my packed leaked and as I wasn't wearing waterproofs, I got wet in the small of my back.
The rain started again so I booked into the Gite de Etape.
There was Aldi and Carrefoure supermarches near, so I ate well.
I was the only non-French there, so didn't have a social evening. I did get some more of my book read though.

No comments: