Saturday 12 September 2015

Sept. 11th Eauze

Day 27   19miles    Total 323.6

The past few days have been very humid. The day started with fog.
At a suitably placed picnic table  whilst taking my 1st break Anne arrived. Her gang is now 5 Germans. We walked together on and off until Montreal.
I wanted to push on to Eauze, and a hot shower and cold beer, they were stopping before to stealth camp.
Michael phoned ahead and booked me a bed in the gite communal.
The sun came out with avengence, fortunarely most of the afternoon's walk was in the shade. The last 9km along a disused railway track, which was soft underfoot.
After a shower, the local supermarche provided a frozen veggie lasagna and cold beers.
Most French walkers stay in Gites and eat in restaurants.
I cooked my lasagna at the gite. then drank my beer that cost 90c a can, in the cathedral square, alongside walkers who were paying €5 for a beer from the restaurant. It's a no-brainer to me.

No comments: