Sunday 6 September 2015

Sept. 6th Lauzerte

Day 17.  9.8miles   Total 241

It was not a good place to be camped, last night. There were cars passing each side of the campsite on and off all night, and over the road I could hear people talking until 5am.
So I started the day tired. Montcuq (= my arse in French)  was busy at 8am. with a large market setting up. The inevitable ascent was followed by walking through lovely countryside, so peaceful. At the top of one hill in a farmyard alongside some chairs were very ripe honeydew melons, for pilgrims. What Americans call trail magic. Mid-morning lack of sleep caught up with me and I had a kip in a shady spot.
After 9 miles I reached Lauzerte. It claims to be one of the prettiest medieval villages in France, there's a few ! It was windless and 27°, and headed off to the campsite. Tarp guy and the lads were heading here for the night.
A short day, but enough after 2 hard days walking.

No comments: