Monday 14 September 2015

Sept. 13th Aire-sur-l'Adour

Day 29    17miles    Total352.6

After all of the rain yesterday, it was a dry start, hey, simple pleasures.
The countryside is mainly vineyards and maize. Not so spectacular, but pleasant enough.
Whilst on my 1st morning break a woman I'd shared the gite with at Figeas walked past with a man and woman. I then saw them a couple of times en-route. The guy was very friendly and French !
The last few miles into Aire sur l'Adour was along beside a disused railway.
Just before Aire sur l'Adour near a large restored lavoir I picked up a rain jacket that was dry, (it had recently rained). I left the jacket in the shelter of the lavoir.
On getting to the campsite I remet the friendly French guy, Pierre. He was staying in one of the set-up tents.
He'd found the jacket I'd left in the lavoir, and was going to go to the various gites to try and find the owner. In 2 weeks of walking 3 women had bought him dinner.
After a beer I gave him the phone no's of the gites listed in my guide. No one had lost a jacket. (next morning a woman was delighted he'd left it at the gite communal).

No comments: