Friday 25 September 2015

Sept 25th Sansol

Day 43   16.5 miles   Total 446.5

I set off at dawn and soon came tomthe winery at Irache, that has free wine on tap for pilgrims. At 7.40 in the morning I only took a dab of red wine to mark the peak of my cap. Alcohol is a bonus after a day's walking for me !
The next 5 miles or so was along a narrow earth path through woodland. A stop for coffee in Luquin and it became ploughed fields with occasional vineyards, with wooded hillsides. The last few miles to Los Arcos was just gravel track/pista.
Los Arcos and many pilgrims are sat in the square having lunch. I sat in the shade of the cathedral and had mine too.
From Las Arcos to Sansol was 6km, and I was glad of my brolly  for this stretch that dragged in the early afternoon heat.
I booked into an Albergue which had a foot soaking pool. I was content with a shower.

No comments: