Wednesday 2 September 2015

1st Sept. Cajarc

Day 12  17miles   total 176.7

A damp start after last nights storm and an ascent out of the valley. Evidence of last evening's storm was everywhere, fruit beneath tree's, leaves and branches everywhere. Lot's of tree's blown apart and uprooted.
I'm pleased I wasn't camping. The walking was affected by trees blocking the way, that had to be climbed over or through.
All morning there was the sound of chainsaws from people clearing storm damage.
My walking routine is to stop after 2hours, for a brew and 30minutes rest, walk another 2hours and 1hour for lunch and a siesta, walk 2 hours, 30minutes break, etc. I don't get too tired unless it's really hot.
The sun appeared in the afternoon and it was a good walk today with lower temperatures than the prevoius days.
I arrived  in Cajarc which is 30km (20miles) from Figeas, my pedometer said 17 miles ! 
I met up with Anne almost straight away. She's teamed up with 2 German women, who have also walk from Germarny. They were heading on a few km to wildcamp.
I wanted a shower and needed to charge my phone, so was staying at the municipal campsite.
Catherine was at the campsite already. We camped together. Whilst I had a shower and washed my clothes, she went into town and brought back beers to go with our dinner, bless her.
Francois texted to say they spent the night in a cosy chapel. and hoped to catch up with me soon.

No comments: