Wednesday 9 September 2015

Sept 7th Moissac

Day18   16.7miles  Total 257.7

The 1st few hours are my favourite time walking, everthing is re-energised after the night.
Of course there was an ascent out of the valley.
Lots of crops in between the woodland. I realise how lacking in tree cover the UK is when I'm in Europe.
Trail magic at 2 places today. hot/cold drinks and grapes, melons, greengages and apples, all perfectly ripe. I picked up a couple of large plums that were beneath a tree, and they were the best flavoured plums ever.
I chatted with an Aussie couple over coffee at a village bar, then realised when checking my map that I'd save a few miles roadwalking the last 8 miles into Moissac. What a good decision, it was gently downhill.in the shade of Plane trees most of the way, with a grass verge to walk on. It,s just modern traffic that  has led to the path being rerouted.
To complete my pleasure of walking the main road, there was a Lidl,(a better range of food for me than most French supermarches), on the Approach to Moissac.
I met up with the lads and a few others outside the cathedral, before walking to the campsite on an island on the river Tarn.
The river's somewhat larger than when I kayaked in the Gorges du Tarn in July.

No comments: