Tuesday 22 September 2015

Sept. 22nd Pamplona

Day 40    10 miles    Total 500

The days are drawing in noticeably, I set off at 7.20 and it was just light enough to see the camino.
Just 10 miles to Pamplona and the last 3 were through the suburbs of the largest city on the camino.
As I was walking through the centre, a shout of 'Terry', and there was George behind me. So good to see him and Anne, they were in Burger King. After their long day yesterday, they were waiting to sort stuff out !
After they left I chatted with a young Aussie, Claire for a bit. Then after a visit to the tourist office two more shout of Terry and I saw the French Canadian couple, then the Mexican woman from last night.
After all the old French people in France it's so refreshing to meet lots of younger people. On the walk in I chatted with two women from the Czech Republic, and another young woman from Estonia. I'm sharing my room in the hostel with an Irish guy.
I posted my tent and cooking stuff home, less weight to carry (800g). Spain is so much cheaper than France. It's getting colder, less than 20 today. Most hostels have cooking facilities.
Next to find some socks. Shops here shut from 1- 5pm.

No comments: