Sunday 28 June 2015

29th June. Gedre

Today's walk took me from the Lac de Gloriettes to the Cirque d'Estaube, the 3rd of the adjoining horseshoe valley heads.
  My photo's don't capture the magnificence of these cirques, the lens is not wide angle enough. The 1st two photo's are adjoining. The 3rd one is looking the opposite direction.
There was no wind and the sun was blastingly strong by 10a.m. A hat is vital. I refilled my waterbottle from the river and the water was so cold on my throat when I drank from it.
I was knackered by the time I got back to the car, not suprising after walking nearly 10miles on a lot of rough terrain.   As it was happy hour when I got to Gedre I had a pint, the 1st from a bar since I've been in Europe.
To make my money stretch I buy my food and beer from supermarkets. I usually buy frozen chips to cool my beers in the coolbox. I did find ice in Italy but not many places in France yet.
This campsite has a freezer, so I put a bottle of water in each day to keep supplies the right temperature.

No comments: