Saturday 27 June 2015

27th June. Gedre

Another early start and a great drive out of Gedre brought me 3000' higher to the Cirque de Troumouse.
I set off after a group of Spanish hikers, equiped wigh ice axes and crampons. I would only follow them so far though. This was proper mountain walking. At 7400' the trail turned to steep rocks, definately not for my foot., though the mind over matter of aending heat and light to my foot was working !!!
I made up my own trail until I found a proper one. It was great to hear first then see Marmots. also a pied flycatcher gave a lovely aerial performance close to me. A dozen vultures were circling. Alpine Choughs were often anout in small groups.
By the time I returned to the car I'd covered over 6miles. This is making me feel that there's a few more walks in this wonderful area before I head on

No comments: