Sunday 14 June 2015

13th June. near Dru

A drive about to a local lake through vineyards, then on busy roads northwards. The problem with a mountainous area is the roads are busy here. The signposts aren't helpful with my map, either the next villages (which aren't shown on the map) or cities (which are only on major roads).
Once on the road I wanted it ascended for 2000' or so up through forest. Very diferent to the valleys. I stopped off for a walk along the shore at Lake Molveno, a major upmarket tourist town. Plenty of hotels in a beautiful mountain setting. Everything very lovely not at all tacky. The temperature and air quality  being delightful.
Oh to be able to walk further !
I went to the local bar in the evening to watch the base-jumpers, though the one's no in wing-suits, often are not visible until they open their parachutes.
I can't imagine being so fearless as to stand on the edge of a huge drop. Respect and envy of these people

No comments: