Friday 12 June 2015

10th June. Brienz, Switzerland

I was on the road just after 6am. low cloud again. Once down from the Vosges the cloud thinned out.
I entered Switzerland at Basel, immediately paying €50 for 2015 road tolls.  So many Porsche and Ferrari sports cars in Switzerland !
I wanted sun and kept on heading south. When I turned off the autoroute to head for the St Gottard Tunnel I noticed a scenic road going over the Sustenpas and took that instead, and what a fantastic alpine experience. the views opened as the cloud was left behind. Lots of snow at the pass itself. Snow blowers parked up still. I saw 3 glaciers to the west of the pass. I kept stopping to enjoy the views. The Alps,  I'm lost for words to describe the beauty of it all !
I am camped by the lake at Brienz, people swimming in the lake, what a diference to yesterday.

No comments: