Tuesday 23 June 2015

22nd June. Sorgeat, Pyrenee's

With the heat here, I decided last evening that I would drive to the Pyrenee's today.
My route took me via Nimes, Montpellier and Beziers managing to avoid motorway.
Driving through the northern Camargue, was highlighted by seeing plenty of Flamingo's, some close to the road.
From Beziers it was across country towards Carcasonne, passing the canal du midi several times. From Carcasonne it was North to Limoux, where it was 36°
I decided I needed to gain altitude before looking for a campsite, so carried on towards Ax-les-Thermes.
With the ascent came more tree's and cloud marked the high Pyrenee's. 
At Roquefeuil, Belcaire and Camutac I checked out campsite's, in this lovely area of broad valleys and wooded hillsides. I saw more wild flowers than anywhere on this journey to date.
After descending from the Col de Chioula, I found the Camping Municipal at Sorgeat just what I wanted.
As I was setting up the tent thunder was rumbling to the south from black clouds, whilst to the north there were blue skies.
The thunder didn't come to much, but I was woken at after midnight by a short intense shower.

No comments: