Friday 26 June 2015

24th June. Bagneres-de-Luchon

Today's drive took me through the Natural Parc of Pyrenees Ariegeoises via Vicdessos, Seix, and Audressein. It was the lovliest scenery of the whole trip so far. That there wasn't a lot of traffic made it especially so.
There were memorials at several villages commemorating the people, from many countries in Europe captured by the Germans during WW2. Many were Jewish, who were sent to Auscwich ! I've read how much people struggled to get to Spain in the hope of safety, and the people on their journeys who helped them to get this far.
By the time it was camp finding time, I was not far from Luchon. As Ben and I had walked over a high pass on the Spanish side to get here last year, so I drove on and returned to the same site for the night.

No comments: