Sunday 28 June 2015

28th June. Gedre

I had a fantastic drive up up and up on mountain roads to the end of the road and a walk in the Cirque de Troumouse.
Quite a few Spanish vehicles in the car park. I followed a group out, they were equipped with ice axes and crampons, so I knew I'd only follow them so far.
This was proper mountain walking in such a magnificent situation. I kept stopping to take photo's, and the Spanish group were way ahead traversing steep rough scree. When I reached this I diverted to make my own way back.
I saw a few Marmots, a spotted flycatcher, plenty of Alpine Choughs and Vultures and a Ring Ouzel. It would be good to have some lightweight binoculars.
I walked 6miles, which I do happy to be able to walk a bit each day now, ( fingers crossed).
There's not much in the way of shops in Gedre or Gavarnie, so I had to drive to Luz-St-Sauveur to stock up.

No comments: