Sunday 30 August 2015

29th August Conques

Day 9.  13.3 miles   Total 130

I was up before it was light, used the kitchen to make coffee and write yesterday's blog. It was barely light at 6.45 when I started walking.
It was a great days walking as there was no big ascents. Lovely views in countryside full off valleys and tree's. Two long descents, one gentle ascent. I was feeling strong and passed a few people before the big descent into Conques.
Temperatures were in the low 30's, yet a strong wind made it bearable.
Conques is fabulous, barely changed for hundreds of years and full of tourists and very expensive.
After a look around I descended to the river and campsite. Had a bathe in the pool and set up my tent, when the lads came along.
They've named me 'Daddy Cool' ! The younger one 'Yasson', (Jason), is very spiritual and does his Tai Chi at the end of the day. Francois, is looking for women on Fuckbook wherever he stops. ( he's feeling deprived ).
I treated myself to a lovely seafood salad tonight.
We were all dossed out for the niight by 9pm.

No comments: