Tuesday 18 August 2015

23rd July Update

I drove to Hope Valley in Derbyshire to attend a Backpackers Club meeting, Mostly men my age with bellies.
I was told that his Plantar fasciitis took a year to heal by one of the guys. I also was told of the Rebound clinic in Settle. I phoned the on the monday and booked an appointment. (a week ahead being the 1st available cancellation).
Rain on sunday morning, was the 1st I'd had since Italy. Northern France was hot, and I left the heat on arriving in England.
I soon missed being relaxed an glorifying in yet another wonderful day.
Being dressed in clothes I hadn't worn for weeks !
I drove on from Hope Valley to Crowden for the night, and bought a headnet the next day for protection from midges.
Next day was a journey through the east Yorkshire Dales, very pretty, touristic and no sun. Wharfddale, Wensleydale and Swaledale.
I considered booking into a youth hostel as it was wet and cool (to me), but it was fully booked.
I stayed near Barnard Castle abd explored this lovely town in the morning before driving through Teesdale. Stopping off on the way for a lovely walk beside the river to see Low Force then High Force water falls. The Tees is a very dark brown from the peatmoors that it comes from.
I passed through the Northern Penines to Carlisle and booked into a campsite at Threkeld. Plenty of rain during the evening convinced me I needed a larger tent for wet weather comfort.

No comments: