Thursday 20 August 2015

20th August. Montbonnet

9 miles

This morning, I had to wait until 10a.m. for the cathedral office to open to get my criancial. This gives discounts on accomadation and meals at certain points on the route. It is stamped like a pilgrims passport at places along the way to Santiago de Compostela, so that on competion you can get a certificate !!!
I saw plenty of walkers setting off before I left.
On preparing I discovered my water bladder was leaking. I tried repairing it, but ended up binning it. I've replaced it with a plastic water bottle.
I started walking 10.30ish. It was a steep climb out of Le Puy, then undulating through farmland at 2500' -3000'. temperatures were in the high 20s by mid afternoon. I was glad to arrive here and booked my tent into a gite de etape.
The gite was fully booked, I'm pleased I've my tent. and it's only€5 for the night. It's worth that for the shower and kitchen facilities

No comments: