Thursday 27 August 2015

26th August. St Chely d'Aubrac

Day 7.  11.8 miles  total 85.7

Nasbinals is a really lovely village.
I didn't get away until after 8am.
If anything todays walking over the plateau to Aubrac was more spectacular than yesterdays, big wide open spaces of grassland and clumps of broadleaf woodland. It's a skiing area in winter.
I kept remeeting people from previous days and meeting new people. One guy is a cheese making consultant from New Caledonia in the south pacific. He works all over the world.
From the village of Aubrac the trail descended over several km. to where I'm camped tonight.
At a shady sight just before the village Anne caught up with me. She was undecided whether to stay here or push on another 17km. I think if I'd asked her she would've stayed.
The 2 smily young French guys turned up late afternoon, and we had a pot-luck dinner together

No comments: