Monday 24 August 2015

23rd August '15. Le Rouget

Day4  12miles  total 44.8

Last night was mild and I would've been warm without the space blanket beneath my mattress.
  The weather forecast was thunder storms. After a shower the weather was ok, with dark clouds on the horizon.
A lot of mixed forest walking with a highpoint of 4550'.
After an early lunch, a little later, the thunder built up and ot poured down. Luckily, within a minute I found a roofed picnic table, that I sheltered under until the rain eased off. I love having an umbrella !
I only met 2 other walkers today, and was told this weather would continue until the morning.
I was not wanting to walk more than 12miles, so the 1st place I checked out had a barn half a mile along my route.
2 woman walked me to the barn, which was modern. I was dubious until we went upstairs to a lovely set-up. Everything I could need, including a hot meal and drinks for €24.
  I'd only just arrived when it poured down, again. A good move all told !

No comments: