Monday 24 August 2015

22nd August. Le Falzet

Day3.  13.7miles.  total 33.7

I packed at 1st light and was on the route by 7.15, the climb was steep and relentless, I'm so pleased not to have done it yesterday afternoon.
From the top of the gorge it was farmland and woodland until I dropped to Sauges.
Here I bought a Plat du Jour for €8.50. A reasonable price for a good meal with bread and cheeses to finish. It also gave me a good break in the middle of the day.
I bought a space blanket to try under my Thermarest airbed, in the hope that I'll be warmer at night. If not I'll get my Exped downmat sent out.
After a doss in the shade outside of town I set off in the 30+ afternoon heat.
The 1st village I checked out gites was a bit weird. One was shut up, the other the guy didn't want a camper, and there were no walkers. So I carried on another 1-2 miles to a gite that was full, but I was given space in a field. 2 young French guys I'd talked with yesterday were camping also.
I'm enjoying meeting so many people. Lots of nationalities, and typically no brits (so far)
As I'm writing this I'm sat in a lovely hay barn (photo)

No comments: