Wednesday 26 August 2015

25th August. Nasbinals

  Day 6  15 miles  total 73.9

After a stuffy night in the gite de etape, I emerged at 1st light to a cold morning 4°
2 coffees at the bar in the village and I was on my way. As I got higher it became more forested, then I emerged on the Aubrac Plateau. Imagine Dartmoor at 4000' and not boggy. It is vast and beautiful. I was happy not to have walked it in the rain. the weather was perfect.
Dropping down a little and having a break in a village I met up with some people I'd seen for the past few days , and a German woman.
Anne the German woman had walked from Germany, through Austria and Switzerland to get this far in 55 days.
On reaching Nasbinals and getting food and cold beer from the village shop, we stopped in the square and met up with a Swiss guy and a French woman I've been seeing most days. It was a good end to the days walking. Well almost as We had a km walk to the campsite.

No comments: