Friday 10 July 2015

7th July. Ailfroide

Another walk from the valley to Claphouse ! I followed yesterdays route but crossed the river and steeply ascended through the woods to arrive at the top of the waterfall, that's in a photo in yesterdsay's blog. I was hassled by fly's, which pissed me off, until I left the tree's near the top.
I was passed by a fat old bloke, who when I thought about it, was no fatter or older than me ! A few oldies were descending, so I wasn't the 1st by any means today.
Claphouse was just the change into a bare mountain valley with huge scree slopes either side. One group of mountaineer's carried on, but from here most people returned.
The fly's must've had a good feed as they were not a problem going down.
  I saw a Marmot really close to the path feeding and totally oblivious to me trying to get a photo. It was obviously used to people as they are usually so cautious.

No comments: