Monday 6 July 2015

2nd July. Lac du Salagou, nr. Lodeve

I decided against spending the day at Axat as being in a gorge there was a lot of driving to go anywhere. So on leaving I diverted off to Rennes le Chateau (very touristy), then Rennes le Bains, which was very nice. The market in the village was mostly hippies, selling organic veg, ethnic bits and bobs,  oh and a book stall selling mostly books anout the Cathars, le Bonne Hommes.
My drive took me north of Carcassone into the hills of the Haute Languedoc, which varied from being similar to Welsh farming areas, to very arid and harsh.
At Lodeve I called into the tourist office for camping sites.   The one I chose by the lake was in very arid surroundings. By this time the heat decided me to stay.
  It was a big site with a mix of French, Belgian and Dutch. The trees were of sparse foliage, and what grass there was was brown and dried up.

No comments: