Thursday 9 July 2015

5th July. Ailefroide

As I'd been told that the Glacier,s Blanc and Noir, in the Parc National des Ecrins, were in some of the most spectacular mountain scenery in west Europe, I drove up to have a look.
What a drive to Ailefroide up a narrow valley from les Vigneaux. It was much higher than Briancon, with spectacular mountains all around and dashing milky rivers of glacier melt water.
The campsite was close to the village at the junctiom of another valley with lots of trees. A quick look around convinced me to return to Briancon and come back here to camp.
When I had a look for a pitch, I found the site was really spread out. I found a spot amongst some tall larch trees.
My french neighbour told me they'd come here to get away from heat further south. It was 34 here !

No comments: