Saturday 4 April 2015

Day8 Ronda.15.8miles. Total 114.7

A steep climb from my nights camp  while it was cool made a lovely start the day. The 1st proper mountainous walking, led up to a pass & descended to a broad high valley with only cattle & birds for company. Then the pista started again for a descent through woodland that emerged into another valley, & time for the brolly.
I got into Montejaque & decided to hitch to Ronda.
I've had enough of the heat & pista/road walking. Over 90% of the walking so far has been this.
Whilst in Ronda I had a bit of a look around, then set off on an alternate route that was prettier than the 2 days of mostly road walking ahead. Only when I was still on roads with fenced-in fields either side & after 3miles of road did the view open out for miles of road ahead, agh!!!
I hitched back to Ronda, dereated by the heat & roads.
I decided to get the train to Antequerra & base-camp Angie's.
The next train was mañana, so headed out of town & camped outside a house on the 1st accessable flat spot I came to.

No comments: