Sunday 19 April 2015

Day22. La Fraguara 15.8miles. Total 248ml

I went to leave and hitch to Puerto de la Ragua. After an hour and no luck I went back in the campsite for a coffee. Tinao the manager was delighted to see me, he said he'd take me in his car, he wouldn't take any fuel money.
It was a long way, I'm so glad my foot put me off such a big ascent. It was very cold, 2000m, I was glad I wasn't spending a night there.
I took it easy on my foot on the descent to La Calahorra. After a  salad in a bar I set off to walk/hitch across 12miles of flat land. 2 lifts & about a mile of walking got me to Charches. the way from there was very difficult to follow. the waymarking was very irregular and didn't tie in with the route description. I was nearly out of water and the Sierra de Baza is arid.
The sun was setting when I came upon a spring and a derilect building. The building has one room that is complete with brush to sweep it out. So water and bedroom for the night sorted.
I'm at 5673' so It'll be cold.

No comments: