Tuesday 14 April 2015

day18 Yegen 14miles total 232

I followed the Cadiar river to Narila, then a steep ascent through Alcutar & Bercules. From Bercules it's a very steep descent into a gorge, & a hard ascent up the other side.
Finding the GR7 where it exits from a town or village is often time-consuming even with the guide to refer to.
The change in terrain is staggering in this area. Where there are streams and rivers, but most importantly acequia's, (the irrigation  channel the Moors built), the land is lush. Often as I leave a valley I'll enter a harsh landscape.
Thus it was before approaching Mecina-Bombaron & after leaving Golco & on to Yegen.
After beer & tapas there I was heading for a strange spring, fizzy water, which had a picnic spot to camp.
I'd only just arrived when I met a Russian guy who lives in mid-Wales. Then it was an invite to dinner & camp in the garden of the place he & his partner were holidaying in. A great evening, thankyou Nikita & Alison

No comments: